Russian Federation Report
Entrepreneurial Missions Index
141,750,000 (9th most populous country in the world)
|Non Practicing Unbelievers|
Complete range of mining and extractive industries producing coal, oil, gas, chemicals, and metals, all forms of machine building from rolling mills to high-performance aircraft and space vehicles, defense industries including radar, missile production, and advanced electronic components, shipbuilding, road an rail transportation equipment, communications, equipment, agricultural machinery, tractors, and construction equipment, electric power generating and transmitting equipment, medical and scientific instruments, consumer durables, textiles, foodstuffs, handicrafts
Unless otherwise noted, all information included here was obtained from the World Factbook project 4, conducted by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). For more detailed information about Russian Federation, visit https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ru.html.
Business InformationThe World Bank ranks Russian Federation as 0 out of 183 economies in terms of ease of doing business. The country ranks as 0 (of 183) in terms of ease of starting a business.
It requires 0 procedures, takes 0 days, and costs N/A% of income per capita to start a business in Russian Federation.
The World Bank ranks Russian Federation as 120th out of 183 economies in terms of ease of doing business. The country ranks as 106th (of 183) in terms of ease of starting a business.
It requires 9 procedures, takes 30 days, and costs 2.7% of income per capita to start a business in Russian Federation.
In order to start a business in Russian Federation, one must follow these procedures:
- Notarize foundation documents
- Deposit capital in the bank and get proof thereof
- Pay registration fee
- Register with the unified register at the Federal Tax Service on the local level, to obtain the single number of state registration and the number of tax registration (identification number of taxpayer, INN); register with the State Pension Fund, the State
- Notarize Registration Certificate, Tax Payer Identification Number certificate, and Bank Signature Card
- Open the company bank account
- Inform Federal Tax Service of the company bank account number and obtain a special letter of confirmation
- Register the company with Moscow Center of Quotation of work places
- Register seal with the local Registration Chamber
The World Economic Forum (WEF) was founded in 1971 by Klaus Martin Schwab at the University of Geneva in Switzerland. It is a non-profit foundation best known for its annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, which brings together top business leaders, international political leaders, selected intellectuals and journalists to discuss both economic and social issues facing the world. The WEF also serves as a think tank, and publishes a wide range of reports focusing on issues of concern and importance to Forum communities. In particular, Strategic Insight Teams focus on producing reports of relevance in the fields of competitiveness, global risks and scenario thinking. The Global Competitiveness Report measures competitiveness of countries and economic competitiveness among a wide range of factors such as corruption, tax rates, work ethic, and many others.
Russian Federation Economic Freedom
The annual survey Economic Freedom of the World is an indicator produced by the Fraser Institute, a libertarian think tank which attempts to measure the degree of economic freedom in the world's nations. Economic Freedom of the World index has been more widely used than any other measure of economic freedom, because of its coverage of a longer time period
Their measure of economic freedom is based on that the following standards:
- Personal choice rather than collective choice,
- Voluntary exchange coordinated by markets rather than allocation via the political process,
- Freedom to enter and compete in markets, and
- Protection of persons and their property from aggression by others.
A state will rate high when it focuses on protection of people and their property from the actions of aggressors, enforcement of contracts, and provision of the limited set of public goods like roads, flood control projects, and money of stable value and little else, but a country’s rating on the EFW summary index will fall as government expenditures increase and regulations expand.
Russian Federation Summary
2 Free the World
Gwartney, James and Robert Lawson with Herbert Grubel, Jakob de Haan, Jan-Egbert Sturm, and Eelco Zandberg (2009). Economic Freedom of the World: 2009 Annual Report. Vancouver, BC: The Fraser Institute. Data retrieved from www.freetheworld.com.